Prof. Saibal Mukhopadhyay, Joseph M. Pettit Professor, IEEE Fellow
Dr. Mukhopadhyay received the B.E. degree in electronics and telecommunication engineering from Jadavpur University, Kolkata, India, and the Ph.D. degree in electrical and computer engineering from Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN, in 2000 and 2006, respectively. Dr. Mukhopadhyay was a Research Staff Member in IBM T. J. Watson Research Center, Yorktown Heights, NY from August 2007 to September 2007. He is currently a Joseph M. Pettit Professor with the School of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta. His research interests include design of energy-efficient, intelligent, and secure systems in nanometer technologies.
Dr. Mukhopadhyay was a recipient of the Office of Naval Research Young Investigator Award in 2012, the National Science Foundation CAREER Award in 2011, the IBM Faculty Partnership Award in 2009 and 2010, the SRC Inventor Recognition Award in 2008, the SRC Technical Excellence Award in 2005, the IBM PhD Fellowship Award for years 2004 to 2005. He has authored or co-authored over 200 papers in refereed journals and conferences, and holds five U.S. patents. Dr. Mukhopadhyay is a Fellow of IEEE.
- IEEE Fellow, 2018 for “for contributions to energy-efficient and robust computing systems design”.
- Best Paper Awards
- 2016 International Symposium on Low-power Electronic Design (ISLPED)
- 2015 IEEE International Symposium on Low Power Electronic Design (ISLPED
- 2014 IEEE International Symposium on Low Power Electronic Design (ISLPED)
- 2014 IEEE SemiTherm, Honorable Mention in Best Paper Selection
- 2014 IEEE Transactions on VLSI Systems (TVLSI)
- 2013 IEEE Transactions on Component, Packaging, and Manufacturing Technology (TCPMT) in Component and Characterization Category
- 2004 International Conference on Computer Design.
- Best Student Paper Awards
- 2016 IEEE SOI-3D-Subthreshold Microelectronics Technology Unified Conference
- 2015 IEEE Reliability Physics Symposium (IRPS)
- 2003 IEEE Nanotechnology Conference
- Best in Session Award at SRC TECHCON 2015
- Three Best in Session Awards at SRC TECHCON 2014
- Best in Session Awards at SRC TECHCON 2005
- ONR Young Investigator Award 2012
- ECE Outstanding Junior Faculty Member Award 2012
- Class of 1934 Course Survey Teaching Effectiveness Award, 2012
- NSF Career Award 2011
- IBM Faculty Partnership Award 2009
- IBM Faculty Partnership Award 2010
- SRC Inventor Recognition Award 2009
- IBM Ph.D. Fellowship award in 2004-2005
- 2005 SRC Technical Excellence award as a member of the Purdue University research group
- B. C. Roy Memorial Gold Medal for standing 1st among approx. 600 students in the Faculty of Engineering & Technology, Jadavpur University, India, 2000.